- What is Personal Information? For purposes of the use of TCFS’s website and mobile application, including Cruz Crew, Personal Information means information that specifically identifies and individual, such as their name, address, telephone number, cell phone number, email address, voter registration history, or credit card number as well as information about your activities on this site when it is linked with other information that would enable a reader to identify you. Personal Information does not include aggregate data that we collect about the use of our website or Cruz Crew, or about a group or category of services or users, from which identifying information about the user has been removed. The collection of such aggregate information is in no way limited or restricted by this policy.
- Information collected automatically: When you use our website or Cruz Crew, we may automatically collect and store information about your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information may include your mobile device’s unique ID number, your mobile device’s geographic location while the app is actively running, your computer’s IP address, technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system), your preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.), the URL of the last web page you visited before coming to one of our sites, the buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any), how long you used our website or app and which services and features you used, and the online or offline status of Cruz Crew.
- Information you provide
- Information about others
- How we use your information
- Geo-location information
- Use of your information by others
- Service Providers: We may share all of the types of information we collect with vendors, consultants or service providers who provide services to us and who require access such information to carry out their work.
- Aligned Organizations: We may share your information with other organizations, groups, causes, campaigns or political organizations that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives to us.
- Analytics Companies: We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users’ computers or mobile devices and their online activities. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our sites and apps are being used. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs, as described in the paragraph below (“Mobile device IDs”). Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
- Mobile device IDs: In order to recognize you, store your preferences, and track your use of our application, we may store your mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer) when you use the Cruz Crew application. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
- Aggregated Information: We may publicly disclose aggregated information about our users, such as the total number of our users and their overall demographics.
- Legal matters: We may disclose any information: in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims.
- With Your Consent: If you consent to the sharing of certain information, including information you enter during the registration process or while using the application, we may share that information consistent with the consent you provide.
- What we don’t share: We do not provide third parties with your name, address, email address, or phone number, except as provided herein as described above, in ”Use of your information by others”.
- Children’s privacy
- Information from users outside the United States
- SMS Disclaimer
By providing your cell phone number, you are consenting to receive recurring automated text messages & automated calls from the Ted Cruz Campaign with news, updates, and information about the campaign and related issues. Message frequency will vary. Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP for more information. Text STOP to stop receiving messages.
How the data is used/that it will not be shared with third parties:
Text messaging originator opt-in data and consent will not be shared with any third parties unless required by law.