Defending Texas Values:
“Since Ted Cruz was elected to the U.S. Senate, he has done everything he said he’d do for Texans, and more.”
- Fought to take away taxpayer dollars from Planned Parenthood.
- Led the way to preserve the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended the words “under God” in the Texas Pledge of Allegiance and Texas schools’ moment of silence law in federal district court.
- Successfully defended the constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument, winning a 5-4 landmark decision before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Defended Texas’s marriage laws when a state court attempted to recognize a Vermont civil union.
- Successfully defended Texas’s Rider 8, which prohibits state funds for groups that provide abortions.
- Galvanized national support for Houston pastors who had been subpoenaed by the City of Houston and forced to turn in their sermons.
- Supported students’ right to display banners containing religious content at school sporting events.
- Led the charge on behalf of 13 states to successfully defend a federal law that bans partial birth abortion before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Advocated for an investigation into abortion practices in the U.S. to prevent the atrocities witnessed in Kermit Gosnell’s facility from ever happening again.
- Joined 18 states in successfully defending the New Hampshire parental-notification law before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Authored legislation and a constitutional amendment in the Senate to prevent federal courts from further interfering with any state’s authority to define marriage.
- Introduced legislation to protect the right of states to define marriage, without intrusion by unelected federal judges.
- Introduced measures in Congress to protect service members’ right to worship.