Standing with our ally, Israel:
“Since arriving in Washington four years ago, Cruz has arguably been Israel’s most avid defender in the Senate.”
Caroline B Glick
The Jerusalem Post
- Co-sponsored legislation to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Introduced measure to provide necessary funding for Israel’s missile defense, Arrow System, David’s Sling and Iron Dome.
- Chaired a hearing for the Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts titled “Justice Forsaken: How the Federal Government Fails the American Victims of Iranian and Palestinian Terrorism” focused on the federal government’s failure to support the American victims of Iranian and Palestinian terrorism.
- Twice introduced legislation to prohibit negotiations between the United States and Iran until Iran released the American prisoners it is unjustly detaining and recognizes Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish state.
- Introduced a resolution passed by Congress to condemn Hamas’ use of civilians as human shields.
- Introduced legislation passed by the Senate to offer rewards to those who handed in information about the kidnappers and murderers of the 3 boys who were murdered in Jerusalem, one of them being an Israeli-US citizen.
- Brought national attention to the FAA ban on flights into Ben Gurion airport and asked if they the ban was being imposed as a form of economic sanction on Israel. Due in large part to the public pressure brought by Ted Cruz, the ban was lifted.
- Supports Israel’s Iron Dome program, which in defending Israel also protects US security interests.
- Attended the opening of the US Embassy in Jerusalem.
- Introduced a resolution calling on the United States to recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights.