Fighting for our Servicemen and Women to Secure Texas and America:
- Fought on behalf of the men and women injured during the 2009 terror attack at Fort Hood asserting their eligibility to receive the Purple Heart.
- Successfully advocated to bring an F-35 squadron to the Naval Air Station Joint Base Fort Worth.
- Helped secure more than $224 million in military construction funds to rebuild Texas’ military infrastructure.
- Added language to the Military Construction and Veterans’ Affairs Appropriations bill to require the VA Secretary to provide Congress with a plan to address the long wait times for veterans seeking health care at the South Texas Veterans Health Care System.
- Introduced the North Korea State Sponsor of Terrorism Designation Act of 2017.
- Authored legislation calling on the Secretary of State to designate the Muslim Brotherhood as a foreign terrorist organization.
- Introduced the Terrorist Refugee Infiltration Prevention Act of 2015, barring refugees to the United States from any country that contains substantial territory controlled by a foreign terrorist organization.
- Introduced the IRGC Terrorist Designation Act, calling on the U.S. Department of State to designate Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) as a foreign terrorist organization.
- Called on Congress to take a three-step approach to stop the flow of funds to the Iranian regime under the terms of Corker-Cardin, the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act.
- Twice introduced the Sanction Iran, Safeguard America Act to reinstate, impose, and expand Iran sanctions.
- Introduced legislation to prevent terrorists from entering the US as UN ambassadors. The bill passed Congress unanimously and President Obama signed it into law.
- Twice introduced the Expatriate Terrorist Act, to prevent terrorists who join ISIS or other terrorist groups from re-entering the country, and to make clear that citizens who collaborate with terrorists forfeit their right to US citizenship.
- Spoke up for our veterans by sponsoring the Department of Veterans Affairs Management Accountability Act, to make it easier for senior executives at the VA to be fired for negligence, mismanagement, and other performance failures.
- Defended the crosses at the Mojave Desert Veterans Memorial from ACLU attempts to have them removed.
Authored legislative language that provides for concept development of a space-based missile defense system to defend against the full spectrum of ballistic missile threats.