Securing the Border and Ending Illegal Immigration:
“We have to have an advocate in Congress, which I believe is Ted Cruz.”
Border Patrol Agent Brandon Judd
President of the National Border Patrol Council
- Introduced the EL CHAPO Act to direct funds forfeited after the conviction of drug cartel members to construction of a wall on the southern border of the United States.
- Coalesced conservatives across the country to defeat the Gang of Eight bill that failed to secure the border and would have granted amnesty to millions who came to the United States illegally.
- During the Gang of Eight fight, offered a series of amendments, including measures to prevent citizenship for those here illegally, to block illegals’ access to federal, state, or local public assistance benefits, secure the border, triple the size of the Border Patrol, and implement a biometric entry-exit system.
- Introduced Kate’s Law to establish a 5-year minimum sentence for those who illegally reenter the country.
- Co-Authored the American Jobs First Act of 2015, to reform the H-1B visa program, curb abuse, and protect American workers.