Defending the Constitution:
“Ted Cruz has been a tireless defender of the Constitution and the founding principles that have made this the greatest country the world has ever known.”
-Utah Senator Mike Lee
- Fought to keep the US out of the UN Arms Treaty, which would have subordinated the Second Amendment rights of American citizens to global interests.
- Called for a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS’s targeting of American citizens’ political activity.
- Defended Americans’ First Amendment rights against Democrats who sought to limit freedom of expression.
- Galvanized national support for Houston pastors targeted and forced by the City of Houston to submit religious sermons for political scrutiny.
- Defended students’ right to display banners containing religious content at school sporting events.
- Successfully defended the constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument, winning a 5-4 landmark decision before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Fought and won a landmark victory at the Supreme Court in Medellin v. Texas; protected U.S. sovereignty against 90 foreign nations and the president to ensure the United States is not subject to rulings of the “World Court.”
- Defended Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties against Obamacare’s contraception mandate.
- Fought to help the Boy Scouts of America reverse a district court ruling barring them from leasing a public park.