Defending the Constitution of the United States of America
- Ted Cruz has spent a lifetime fighting to defend the Constitution.
- Our nation’s founding document and the supreme law of the land was crafted by our founding fathers to act as chains to bind the mischief of government and to protect the liberties endowed to us by our Creator.
- Unfortunately, recent administrations have defied the Constitution and the rule of law, and as a result we are less free.
- We need to restore the Constitution as our standard. We need to protect the people by rolling back the federal government to the functions the Constitution sets out. We need to give power back to the states and the people so that we remain a land where liberty can flourish.
- Stood for Americans’ First Amendment rights against Democrats who sought to repeal our free speech rights.
- Defended Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties against Obamacare’s contraception mandate.
- Fought and won a landmark victory at the Supreme Court in Medellin v. Texas; protected U.S. sovereignty against 90 foreign nations and the president to ensure the United States is not subject to rulings of the “World Court.”
- Led the way to preserve the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended the constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument, winning a 5-4 landmark decision before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended the words “under God” in the Texas Pledge of Allegiance and Texas schools’ moment of silence law in federal district court.
- Galvanized national support for Houston pastors who had been subpoenaed by the City of Houston and forced to turn in their sermons.
- Supported students’ right to display banners containing religious content at school sporting events.
- Fought to help the Boy Scouts of America reverse a district court ruling barring them from leasing a public park.
- Led the fight to protect citizens’ Second Amendment rights against Democrats and Republicans in Congress.
- Defended 31 states in District of Columbia v. Heller where the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a ban on firearms in a 5-4 landmark decision.
- Cosponsored a resolution urging the president not to sign the UN Arms Treaty, which would have subordinated the Second Amendment rights of American citizens to global interests.
- Called for a special prosecutor to investigate the targeting of conservatives by the IRS.
- Constitutional Remedies to a Lawless Supreme Court, National Review, 2015
- The Imperial Obama Presidency and the Demise of Checks and Balances, Constituting America, 2015
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’ Democrats, The Washington Times, 2014
- The Democratic Assault on the First Amendment, Wall Street Journal, 2014