Championing Americans’ Religious Liberty
- America was founded on a revolutionary idea. Our rights do not come from government. They come from God.
- The Pilgrims risked everything so that they could worship the Lord with all their hearts, minds, souls, and strength. The founders enshrined this right to live according to our faith in the First Amendment, and we must continue to celebrate and safeguard citizens’ God-given rights.
- As we have witnessed an unprecedented attack on citizens’ first freedoms, Ted Cruz continues to champion Americans’ religious liberty.
- Ted has spent his career defending religious liberty. He has fought to protect our First Amendment rights in a number of Supreme Court cases, and as U.S. Senator, he has been a tireless fighter for the right to freely live according to our faith.
- As a presidential candidate, Ted Cruz has hosted two national religious liberties rallies and has brought together Christians who have been persecuted for their beliefs so that people across the country can listen to their stories and stand united for our first freedom.
- On day one, a President Cruz will instruct the Department of Justice, the IRS, and every other federal agency that the persecution of religious liberty ends today.
- Introduced measures to protect faith organizations in DC from being forced to provide abortion services to their employees and support, and even fund, activities that directly violate their mission.
- Galvanized national support for Houston pastors who had been subpoenaed by the City of Houston and forced to turn in their sermons.
- Stood with Kim Davis in defense of her right to live in accordance with her faith.
- Defended Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties against Obamacare’s contraception mandate.
- Sponsored legislation to grant Meriam Ibrahim and her children permanent legal status in the US so they could swiftly return home after being imprisoned for her Christian faith.
- Introduced measures in Congress to protect service members’ right to worship.
- Attended prayer rallies for persecuted Christians and has Introduced a resolution that states that President Obama should not meet with Iran until they release American hostages, including Pastor Saeed Abedini.
- Kept the cross standing at the Mojave Desert Veterans Memorial.
- Led the way to preserve the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended the constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument, winning a 5-4 landmark decision before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended the words “under God” in the Texas Pledge of Allegiance and Texas schools’ moment of silence law in federal district court.
- Supported students’ right to display banners containing religious content at school sporting events.
- Secular zealots oppose Knoxville memorial, Des Moines Register, 2015
- Marriage Message to Pastors: Stand with God and Be on ‘The Right Side of History’, CBN News, 2015
- Pope Francis Leads On Abortion, Marriage, And Religious Liberty, The Federalist, 2015
- War Memorials and the Constitution, The Wall Street Journal, 2009