Restoring a Culture of Life, Marriage, and Family
- Life, Marriage, and family are the fundamental building blocks of society.
- Life is a precious gift from God. We must cherish and defend it. Without life, there is no liberty; without life, there is no pursuit of happiness.
- Marriage is a sacrament between one man and one woman, it has strengthened societies for millennia, and we must uphold the truth of marriage.
- Extreme leftists — activist judges, the Obama Administration, and academic elites — are trying to extinguish these most fundamental, God-given rights.
- Ted Cruz will preserve life, marriage, and the family, and he has the record to prove it. If Ted is elected president, he will instruct his Attorney General to investigate Planned Parenthood on day one. And rather than enacting policies that tear down these pillars of our society, he will work to restore a culture of life, marriage, and family.
- Fought to take away taxpayer dollars from Planned Parenthood.
- Led the charge on behalf of 13 states to successfully defend a federal law that bans partial birth abortion before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Advocated for an investigation into abortion practices in the U.S. to prevent the atrocities witnessed in Kermit Gosnell’s facility from ever happening again.
- Joined 18 states in successfully defending the New Hampshire parental-notification law before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended Texas’s Rider 8, which prohibits state funds for groups that provide abortions.
- Authored legislation and a constitutional amendment in the Senate to prevent federal courts from further interfering with any state’s authority to define marriage.
- Introduced legislation to protect the right of states to define marriage, without intrusion by unelected federal judges.
- Defended Texas’s marriage laws when a state court attempted to recognize a Vermont civil union.
- Marriage Message to Pastors: Stand with God and Be on ‘The Right Side of History’, CBN News, 2015
- Constitutional Remedies to a Lawless Supreme Court, National Review, 2015
- The Republican Party’s Surrender Politics, Politico, 2015
- End Planned Parenthood Funding, USA Today, 2015
- We Must Defend the Sanctity of Every Life, The Iowa Republican, 2015