Reigniting Promise for Millions of American Families
Cruz Simple Flat Tax
- Jobs, growth, and opportunity will reignite promise for millions of American families who are currently being crushed by the Obama economy. The best way to jumpstart growth is through fundamental tax reform.
- Under the Cruz Simple Flat Tax, all income groups will see a double-digit increase in after-tax income. The current seven rates of personal income tax will collapse into a single low rate of 10 percent. For a family of four, the first $36,000 will be tax-free. The IRS will cease to exist as we know it, there will be zero targeting of individuals based on their faith or political beliefs, and there will be no way for thousands of agents to manipulate the system.
- The results will be truly dramatic. According to the well-respected Tax Foundation, the Simple Flat Tax will deliver an economic boost of tremendous magnitude. In the first decade, the Simple Flat Tax will:
- Boost Gross Domestic Product by 13.9 percent above what is currently projected.
- Increase wages by 12.2 percent.
- Create 4,861,000 additional jobs.
- Too many small businesses are being crushed by encroaching regulations. We need to get the government out of the way so the people can do what they do best — innovate, expand, and create new jobs.
- A President Cruz will pass the REINS Act, holding Congress accountable to vote on any major cost-inducing regulation.
- There’s no greater regulatory reform than repealing every word of Obamacare. We need to enact reforms that make health care personal, portable, and affordable. Specifically, we need open insurance markets across state lines, expand Health Savings Accounts, and delink health insurance from employment.
- A Cruz administration will end the EPA regulations like the Waters of the U.S. rule and the Clean Power Plan that burden small businesses and farmers
- Another vital reform to unleash economic prosperity is adopting an energy plan that embraces the Great American Energy Renaissance.
- We need an all-of-the-above energy approach that embraces the bountiful resources in this land — from oil to natural gas to ethanol. We need to open up abundant and affordable gas and electricity resources.
- A President Cruz will approve the Keystone Pipeline, and other similar infrastructures, and empower the private sector to create good-paying American jobs.
- We must harness our nation’s energy resources and remove federal impediments to energy exploration, development, and trade.
- A stable dollar is also key to a prosperous nation. We are living through a period of great dollar instability that has weakened the economy at home and destabilized the entire world financial system. When the dollar is down, prices for goods like oil and food go up, which hurts consumers and industries such as trucking and airlines.
- When the dollar is high as it is today, prices tend to fall, which is good for consumers, but farmers, ranchers, and the energy industry get hurt, as do American exporters. America needs a more stable dollar.
- We need to audit the Federal Reserve. A rules-based monetary system would restore stability to the dollar and to the international currency system. This will help us get beyond these cycles of boom, bust, and malaise, and return us to rising productivity, strong economic growth, and higher incomes for all.
- Internet freedom has produced robust free speech for millions and is an incubator for entrepreneurs to expand jobs and opportunities.
- If the Internet Sales Tax becomes law, small online retailers would have to comply with over 9,600 tax jurisdictions across the country. It’s the corporate lobbyists who want to crush small businesses who favor the Internet tax.
- Net Neutrality is Obamacare for the Internet.
- The FCC is trying to regulate the Internet and turn it into a public utility.
- Every time you put unelected bureaucrats in charge of a market, they stifle innovation and favor special interests — just look at the United States Post Office compared to Amazon and FedEx.
- Rolled out a tax plan to dramatically reduce taxes for American families and individuals, simplify the tax code and spur significant economic growth.
- Upon coming to the Senate, the first bill Cruz offered was to repeal every word of Obamacare.
- Led a national effort to defund Obamacare and repeal the disastrous law in its entirety.
- Introduced the American Energy Renaissance Act with Rep. Bridenstine, which among other major reforms, opens up exploration, expands LNG exports through more accessible permits, and ends the crude oil export ban.
- Sponsored the Affordable Reliable Energy Now Act (ARENA), to check the President’s overreaching “Clean Power Plan” regulations that infringe on states’ rights, drive up costs for consumers and hamper innovation.
- Met with conservative leaders to discuss the best way to stop the EPA’s new proposed rule under the “Clean Power Plan” to limit electricity usage.
- Joined Sen. Barrasso and 29 other senators in writing a letter to the Obama Administration about their failure to tell Americans the negative effects of the Water Resource Development Act.
- Opposed budget increases that failed to bring about meaningful spending reforms.
- Advocated for meaningful reforms to boost economic growth, including repealing Obamacare, deregulation, and expansion of energy production to take on the staggering unemployment conditions in the country.
- Opposed the Internet Sales Tax and spoke against establishment politicians who attempt to impose more unnecessary taxes on Americans.
- Sponsored Audit the Fed legislation.