Leading the Fight for the 2nd Amendment
Ted Cruz has led the way in defense of our right to keep and bear arms. He led a coalition of 31 states protecting the 2nd Amendment by challenging the unconstitutional ban on gun rights in Washington, D.C.
- Authored a brief on behalf of 31 states supporting the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. The ban on firearms was struck down in a 5-4 landmark decision before the U.S. Supreme Court;
- Argued against unreasonable and burdensome gun restrictions before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Awarded the NRA’s 2010 Carter-Knight Freedom Fund, which “rewards exemplary activities in the support and protection of the right to Keep and Bear Arms.”
- Honored by a 2008 resolution passed by the National Board of the NRA, thanking Ted for leading the States before the Supreme Court in the DC gun case, and noting that his “efforts made this victory for the American people possible.”
- As NRA executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre observed, “Ted Cruz is one of our nation’s leading defenders of the Second Amendment. For over a decade, Ted has fought tirelessly to defend our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and his leadership was absolutely critical to our major victories before the U.S. Supreme Court.”